Thread: Suspensions
View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 05:20 PM
bidzey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Careful what you say about Mr Branch.Many on here talks about how SUCCESSFUL he is and the OHL.Go to the fight thread on hear to read more about how good he is.
we are all allowed our opinion, and I couldn't agree more with OHLFan8771. Sometimes it's the smallest things you say that shows your true colors (aimed at Branch... not you). I remember when he gave Halmo 10 games for a CLEAN hit. Yakopov was 10 feet away from the net when the puck rolled off the tip of his stick and he bent over to reach it just as Halmo was doing is job and ended up hitting in the head with his forearm. Yakopov was totally careless in the most dangerous zone in hockey, and Branch's comment was "Halmo should've backed off". Really!! are you kidding me!! The number 1 guy 10 feet away from your net and your supposed to "back off".

What Branch is doing is not helping and preparing OHL players for the NHL. IF you're going to baby them that much... they're only going to get a big big surprise in the NHL because in the case of a hit like Halmo's, the ref is not even going to take a second look. If you want to see what Halmo's coach had to say about the incident watch the youtube movie I posted in the Owen Sound forum (post #61). And no, I'm not being bias... Branch and company are not helping OHL players at all!
Hockey is a tough sport so keep your head up... Branch and company are changing the game in a fashion that poses great danger when they enter NHL level, but they don't care about that and the players, they just want to look good.

that's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it either people agree with me or not.
That's how Halmo's OHL career ended by the way. This was immediately before the playoffs. I wish him the best with the Islander's farm team.

Last edited by bidzey: 11-08-2012 at 05:36 PM.
bidzey is offline   Reply With Quote