View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
The Gionta hit was marginal, the Bernier hit was not. Gionta's may or may not be called, depending on how well the hitee sells it or where it is on the ice. Bernier's is going to be a five minute major every time. The Devils got strung up on how the Gionta hit wasn't called, instead of focusing at the task on hand and killing off the penalty.
Well I agree about the PK. The refs will screw you all the time. We had a very good kill earlier in the game, and then sucked really bad on that one. Our PK was a joke in the playoffs for the most part. The Rangers were scoring PP goals every game the first 3 of the ECF. They had a terrible PP percentage in the playoffs too. I think the Kings score 6 PP goals all playoffs before us. They matched that by scoring another 6 in our series alone. 3 of them were on that same PP though. It's hard to kill off a major PP though. With 5 minutes you have to use a lot of different guys on the PK who normally wouldn't play on the PK.

Zidlicky was REALLY BAD on the PK though going back, and looking at them again. No more PK for him, I'd rather put Larsson on it instead of him. It was ironic our record breaking PK almost caught us the series against Florida, and was our downfall in the our last SCF game.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote