View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 06:09 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinordiandSubban View Post
Was watching the Dogs with one eye and the '76 Habs with the other last Saturday and noticed some similarities with Tinordi and Larry Robinson.

I'm NOT saying Tinordi is going to be the next Larry Robinson but watching them both at the same time you can see Tinordi has the same calming presence on the ice. He has the size and mobility that Larry had but also the same presence on the ice..a certain gravitas... a calming presence for his teammates and a quietly intimidating one for the opposition.

Tinordi has already surprised me with his passing skills and at the end of the Rochester game that went to overtime he shocked me by skating into open ice and driving to the net. He looks unstoppable when he gets moving and skates very well, not just good for his size, but a good skater compared to anyone. Larry used to jump up in the play and scare the hell out of anyone in his way, he picked his spots but when he went for it look out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtkJQ836Rd0

Tinordi then got involved in a fracas by the bench and sorted that out. Larry used to keep em sorted with a word and a warning point and Tinordi looks like he might have that same ability to straighten out any stupidity with having to drop em with everyone who asks.

Just like Larry did when he was just starting out he has to grow into his skin and just like Larry he is too nice a guy for his own good, but he is already doing the little things and taking care of business like a pro. He may never have the green light to skate with the puck in the NHL and needs a lot of work on his shot before he ever thinks he might see the powerplay but there is a lot more offensive potential there than we were led to believe.

If the lockout wipes out the whole NHL season, getting to watch Tinordi develop game after game in the AHL is going to almost make up for it.

Again, NOT saying Tinordi is the next Larry Robinson, just saying how similar they look in terms of style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k-R9...eature=related
Don't think you're the only one that sees bigger things for Tinordi,I watched Larry play as a rookie also after he had gone to Al MacNeil's defensive school in Nova Scotia Voyageurs of the AHL similar to Tinordi right now.Jarred could become a very good two-way defenceman with great shutdown ability.