View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 06:39 PM
vanwest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I have frequently advocated acquiring Gardiner and using him in another trade, be it immediately or by the deadline, that does address our needs better. As always, Ryan and Perry come to mind.

In any case, these are dependent on how you see the players involved panning out. I like the upside Lupul and JVR have. Perhaps, some minor twinking is needed but I don't feel much. Granted, I am also far more open to the idea of moving Schneider if the return is better.
I'm probably in the minority but I'd trade Luongo for a low return and hang onto Schneider even if the return was significantly higher. I'm like the poster above who sees Schneider as the real deal. And that is even though I see Gardiner as the real deal too. He's going to be a stud defenceman IMO.

To me, JVR is basically the same as Luke Schenn who I feel we could have traded Luongo for and Lupul is a year from free agency (I know we get a conditional first) and has had some massive consistency and injury issues. Schneider sets us up in net for quite a while and contrary to many on here I don't think that good young goalies are easy to find or develop.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote