View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
What's with you, and 3 way trades?

Yeah I mean I would do it, but here's something to think about. Raymond will be a first time UFA next year, and due for getting a raise. We don't necessarily have to keep him though. If next year's July 1st is as ugly as this year's, then we're in for another bumpy scary day(s) as Elias/Zubrus waits on the backburner for Zajac/Clarkson just as Marty, and Bryce did for Parise. Raymond might be next years Poni if that happened.
Even though they are very rare, sometimes they can be win-win-win. A team can get the assets they want from two teams that a single team wouldn't be willing to deal. I saw a Statsny/Ryan swap that sent Ryan to COL, Statsny to BUF, and then Colorado and Buffalo both sent the pieces to Anaheim. In that case, Buffalo and Colorado are getting Ryan and Statsny for less than market value, but Anaheim gets a lot for them.

In that deal, Vancouver/NJ aren't ideal partners in a Raymond for Tallinder deal, but NJ is an ideal place for Raymond, a team like Detroit could use Tallinder, and Vancouver could use a 3C, if Detroit had one to spare.

The UFA is my only concern about that deal, but other than that, Vancouver has an insanely deep forward group. Raymond will get top six minutes easy and will be put in a position to thrive. He should be able to crack 20 goals easy, considering he'd likely be playing alongside either Kovalchuk or Elias.

Zippy316 is online now   Reply With Quote