View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 08:00 PM
GuelphStormer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffronleaf View Post
York Region, where Markham is located, has more than 1 million people -- and it is growing rapidly. That's significantly more than Hamilton.

If your argument is based on some race-based generalization, I can assuage your concern and let you know that there are more white people in York Region than Hamilton. This doesn't even get to the fact that hockey in major Canadian cities like Toronto and Vancouver is like football in the US in the sense that it has fans that cut across different demographics.

In addition to that, it is much closer to Toronto.

I would want a team in Markham. If there had to be another team, I'd put one in Mississauga. If it had to be outside of the GTA, I'd wait a while and allow the Kitchener-Waterloo area to continue growing rapidly. Then, I'd put a team there. K-W has excellent schools, a strong creative economy, high-end tech jobs, rapid growth, etc. Basically, it's not a rapidly declining rust belt relic of a foregone civilization (i.e., Hamilton).
you are woefully uninformed about the current reality of both KW and the Hammer. it is laughable that anyone could possibly think that kw is a more viable NHL market than hamilton, today, tomorrow or the day after that.

GuelphStormer is online now   Reply With Quote