Old
05-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsBaby18
I was joking ... or maybe not ....
S'all good
I know some that will see my obsession to this sport as a bit extreme... but, I just get so confused when people DON'T like this sport... Dont get me wrong, I do plenty of other things, and make time for plenty of other hobbies... But hockey was my first thing I ever loved... (well that and my first girlfriend, but it didnt count cause I was still a tot) I dunno, I am so absolutely taken by this 'silly game'...
To let people get the gist of it... In school, I used to answer EVERY question in context to a hockey situation... Every question that I answered was related back in to hockey in some form of manner... It was quite insane... I have a tonne of friends who remind me of my 45 minute long answers (and we have a good laugh about it) on how Gretzky's pass to Lemieux in the '87 Canada Cup was equal to the American Civil war, or how Maurice the Rocket Richard's 5 goal game was as huge a feat as Napoleon's return to his soldiers...
Or in math, how percentages all played out... (I.e. 20% = 1 goal in 5 games)
To this day, every holiday is loaded with hockey shtuff... Memorobilia, trinkets what not... cause everybody who knows me, knows that that's where my heart is... I left it at some rink, probably the Bell Center when I was there (lol)

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote