View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 08:09 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Raymond's not a proven forward?

I'm sorry, but we're not getting much better than Raymond straight up for Tallinder. In fact, that's probably the most we would get unless we find another team with an abundance of forwards so they can spare a young speedy, two-way second/third line tweener.

Raymond is a proven 15g 15a all around guy. Arguably, he's another Zubrus with less versatility and more speed. He's the all-around player that the Devils love, the "can play any role" type player.
If Mason Raymond is the best we can get for Tallinder, I'd rather rotate 7 D-men and sign Sykora. Raymond has very little value coming out of Vancouver.

Also, I wouldn't compare Raymond to Zubrus in any aspect of hockey aside from their point totals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
Good to see you miss out the "probably good for 20 goals"

He plays 3rd line most of the time and has scored 25, 15, and 10 goals in 82, 70 and 50 games respectively.

Predicting 20 is far from a hail mary.
"Probably" or otherwise, I wouldn't expect 20 goals out of Raymond until he proves he can consistently do it. Not saying he can't, but if I'm trading for a player who I expect 20 goals from, I'd prefer it be a guy who has done it more than once in his career.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote