View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
Harrington- 1 G, 4 A in 17 games. Not there to score though. He will be Orpik's replacement. Plays a similar game and has similar leadership qualities
I disagree with this. I've seen him play a few games in person and he's not the type to crush people. He plays smart and reliable without being overly physical. I'm not sure of the current NHL player to compare him to, but his high upside is Dan Girardi.

I feel that Orpik's replacement will be Bortuzzo.

For what it is worth here is THN's player profiles of the Girardi and Harrington (Girardi first):

Quote:
ASSETS: Owns good size, shot-blocking ability and defensive awareness. Is also a decent puck-moving blueliner who gets out of danger in his own zone with aplomb. Can log impressive minute totals. A durable player, he plays through injuries.

FLAWS: Lacks consistency on offense and in the hitting department, which prevents him from raising his game to an elite level. Could stand to use his 6-1, 206-pound frame more in order to be even more effective in shutting opposing forwards down.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Big-minute shutdown defenseman.
Quote:
ASSETS: Can log a lot of ice time, since he's dependable in all three zones and usually quite mistake-free. Excels in puck movement and defensive situations. Owns decent size, too.

FLAWS: Isn't a natural point-producing defenseman, so points won't be easy to come by at the highest level. Isn't very physical, something that would increase his overall value as a shutdown defender.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Steady, big-minute defenseman with upside.