View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I believe it is a philosophical problem and a developmental one, but since this past draft, I no longer care to be honest. I looked at this draft and wanted a blueliner... Instead Shero put three talents under the tree and exceeded anything I hoped for.

Two reasons I don't care anymore about Shero drafting fwds:

1. Tangradi is the answer to finding Crosby's winger. I've believed that for over two yrs now. Since Shero didn't bring in some retread scrub DB can wet dream about, plus Tangradi's waiver status, make me feel comfortable he will finally get a real shot.

I know he has the talent. He just needs the chance. I will never back off how highly I think of him until I see him get a real chance and fail.

2. Their blueline farm is easily the best in the league and that as I said, gives Shero many options. I was a little down on the Maatta pick, but I'm really starting to like his game.

I get why people want balance, but Shero did exactly what I hoped for, so I'm not going to *****. This org knows how to draft and develop blueline talent. So do what you do best I say.

I love this blueline farm and Grigs acts like Casper too much for my liking... But he is a sick talent (when he wants to be).
The Pens blueline pool is the best in the league, for sure. And it's a good thing too, given how ****** we fared against Philly last year. But we'd arguably have the most impressive group of defense prospects in the NHL whether we drafted Pouliot or not, honestly.

It's nice to have Tangradi and all, and I think he could become a good top 6 complement, but we're aiming low if we think he's the answer to our top 6 prayers - best-case scenario, he'll become a 50 point big-bodied forechecking and net-front presence (which basically means he'd take over when Kunitz moves on/declines). I'd like someone with a little more ability to create on his own, no disrespect to ET. We'll see if any of our 3,500 blueline prospects can yield that sort of player.