View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33 View Post
I said Jordan Staal could be argued.
And I said you'd have to avoid actually watching them play to believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33 View Post
Because the playoffs are just as important as the regular season so that's how I have them compiled on my spreadsheets. The last time I posted numbers in a similar vein one of the mods thanked me for including the playoff numbers.

I would also point out that adding the playoffs changes those goals per game averages by only one or two fractions of goals each year so it's not like there's some huge impact.
I'm surprised that a Patrick Roy fan would blend regular season numbers with playoff numbers, given that literally his only firm ground in comparisons with Hasek, for example, is his playoff numbers specifically and separately, versus his peers, and the fact that the playoffs are actually treated as more important than the regular season in most regards.

But most crucially, statistics from a 30 team pool should not be treated the same as statistics from the top 16 teams selected from that 30. PPG scoring in the regular season (against every opponent from best to worst) is NOT equal to PPG scoring in the playoffs (against the top 16 teams), imo.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 11-08-2012 at 10:31 PM.