View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
Then here's the thing to think about. What did Lindros accomplish by doing what he was doing? If he was doing the right thing and not something that was very self fulfilling then who else did he help? Who was he thinking about other than himself during that time? You're free to an opinion but he hadn't even laced up a pair of skates in the NHL and he was already the anti-team player. He did nothing to warrant Quebec being unfit for him. He didn't play 2 or 3 seasons there and then say "this doesn't fit for me." He didn't even do that. Say what you want that appropriate behaviour is subjective but in this situation if you were only looking out for yourself no matter how many people it inconvenienced then I think you should re-consider.
I don't think any Anglophone from outside of Quebec can necessarily be blamed too much for not wanting to move to the centre of primarily French Quebec back in '90/91, especially after the high profile violence in '90 with the Oka crisis, and being the last place team on top of that. But let's be honest, no one pulls that and "gets away with it" unless someone else thinks they're "worth it" and has a "legal" (certainly not "moral") route to go about it. I wish he had come to Quebec, because I probably would have gotten to see him play at least once here in Halifax before the Citadels went away.

To think of how different it would have been if Lindros had gone to the Rangers (the other team that had a "done deal" with Quebec for Lindros). Imagine who would have had to go the other way, what the roster would have looked like in '93/94, etc. Do they still end up going after a guy like Messier right after securing the rights to Lindros? What does a lineup with Lindros and Messier look like? How many MORE points does Leetch end up with? lol. And actually, how many fewer fights would Lindros have gotten into with that NYR lineup behind him? Domi, King, Kocur, Cirella, Wells, Beukeboom, even Graves, maybe Messier... Legion of Death and Destruction: Kovalev - Messier - Lindros, with Amonte, Graves, Nemchinov, Gartner for secondary scoring...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote