View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan101 View Post
Given Binnington's Memorial Cup experience (already named best goalie at 17), his big game experience would at worst give Canada a terrific insurance option behind Subban. Nobody has his track record in big games yet. Fucale is a great prospect but the youth factor works heavily against him.

Then again this is Hockey Canada making the picks and we've seen how they can be blinded by favouritism in the past. I've just had the pleasure of watching Binnington the last four seasons and having seen his competition the only guy who is on his level in Canada this year is the guy he took over for halfway through the game.
I think in the round robin play is where Binnington can really take a hold of the number 1 spot. If Subban falters once, I can see Binnington come in, take over, and get hot through the tourney. It's been awhile since we've had a goalie it seems that can just get hot and carry the team as much as he can.

I wouldn't count out Fucale though. Yes he's young, however right now he's apart of a Halifax Moosehead team that is on fire. I'm sure whoever they have watching MacKinnon and Drouin closely will be keeping an equal eye on Fucale as well.