Old
11-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
He was a waste of a good pick

At this point he is an absolute bust ,, If he makes it to NHL and becomes productive player I would be surprised

Best case he makes it as a 3rd/4th liner but at #11 overall you dont draft that. And the players the Hawks passed up for a guy with major flags makes it alot worse

At this point he is Ty Jones 2.0 ,, We shall see if he ever gets anywhere but right now he has done nothing to show himself to be anything but a wasted pick
I truly admire your ability to stick to your guns. Honestly, it's refreshing. I would, obviously, disagree though. What was the scouting report on Beach when he was drafted? Talented, big, physical, edgy but had problems with skating, knowing when to 'pick his battles', and maturity. In the AHL so far, he's shown that he's worked on his skating, his ability to 'pick battles' at the right time, and he sure as hell seems more mature than he did when he was 18-20.

On top of that, he's still showing his talent and physicality down in the A. He's what, near PPG playing from the 3rd/4th line? If you ask me, he's proving that he has earned a more significant role (which was obvious from the get-go) and that he should be one of the first to be called up to the Hawks.

Compare him to Morin who is also physical/edgy and is given 1st/2nd line minutes. Except Morin's skating is worse and his offensive and defensive awareness is not quite as good either. If you ask me, there's more hope in Beach cracking an NHL line-up in some capacity than Morin in the near future. The talent is there for both, but Beach is further along in his development.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote