View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Bergeron47

vCash: 500
I know we've all agreed on Bouwmeester as the most likely player in this deal, but just for fun, I'll throw out a couple more names:

Mike Green - $6,083,333 x 3 years
I recall Stauffer cryptically using his name as a potential target immediately following the season a few months ago. As an RFA, the Caps recently re-signed him to this 3 year deal, however should be expendable with the emergence of Carlson, and the development of Alzner & Orlov as top 4 d-men. Alzner & Johansson should be expecting a significant raises next summer from their $1.285M & 900K salaries. Oh, and both goalies become free agents as well. The tandem currently shares a measily $1.7M between them this season.

James Wisniewski - $5,500,000 x 5 years
Stauffer referenced the player as recently becoming, or soon becoming redundant. Well, in the past 9 months, the Jackets acquired leader Jack Johnson and drafted franchise defenseman Ryan Murray. They also have a plethora of young, talented defensemen on the cusp of cracking the team full time. It makes sense for Howson to take this step and start a full rebuild after the Nash trade. I also believe the Jackets have a self-imposed cap. Could be a $$ problem down the line with Johansen, Murray on ELC, and Anisimov & Brassard getting raises. Also may want extra $$ to pay a competent goalie.

Brent Seabrooke - 5,800,000 x 4 years
Their current payroll sits at $64M and they don't have a #2C or a decent goalie. With Leddy needing a new contract, the Hawks may need to shed salary to address glaring needs.

Dan Boyle $6,666,666 x 2 years
SJ has alot of big contracts in Thornton(7), Marleau(6.9), Boyle (6.66), Burns (5.8), and Havlat(5). Pavelski & Couture both need new contracts in 2 years. If SJ was smart, they'd start a rebuild with Thornton, Marleau & Boyle's contracts all ending in 2014, and trade all 3 for young assets moving forward as their cupboards are completely empty. They also sit at $65M and could have to shed salary if the cap is $60M