View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 02:25 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
If I am trading away Schnieder it is to fix a problem. So, I must recognize the problem. There's the rub. Gillis doesn't see the problem. He has proven that to my satisfaction.

IF there is a season, teams will have (I'm told) ten days to assemble before play. I think it is now more likely that Gillis waits until the trade deadline before he makes any moves. This is just prudent. Schnieder might struggle. Kesler might struggle. Daniel may have become shy. These things will have emerged by the deadline. They won't be known before play. Why add risk? The deadline traditionally is where the overpayments are.

At the deadline Schnieder will be a starting goaltender, trending upward or he will be a project slipping into a back up role. If he looks like a young wunderkind then he will get maximum return. This can be anything from picks to players. A hot young goalie might be worth a lot to a team that surprised by leading the conference, despite uneven goaltending.

A hot starter and studly Dman are enough to make some GMs roll the dice on a cup run! If the Canucks are trying to win a cup as well, they cannot arm an opponent. This really makes Canadian teams good trading partners!

To Ottawa, Schnieder and Edler.
To Vancouver, Latendresse and Cowan.

JuniorNelson is online now   Reply With Quote