View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 08:34 AM
overpass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
It's simply sarcasm on my part, I'm kind of tired so maybe I didn't present it clearly enough but my main point is that it's absurd to say this about Wayne in much the same way it's absurd to put the amount of emphasis on Lindros as a whole based on what happened when he was 18, and younger and under the influence of his father.
Lindros gets evaluated based on what he did during his hockey career, just like any other hockey player. Young men don't always make the best decisions but hockey is a young man's game. You have to grow up fast.

Also, I'm not aware that an older and wiser Lindros has ever said he handled the situation poorly, or he wishes he had done it better, or acknowledged and apologized for his actions. (If I'm wrong about this, I'd like to know.) If he still stands behind his actions at age 38 then why shouldn't we hold him responsible for them?

Of course if you don't think he did anything wrong this line of argument doesn't apply, I'm addressing the "he was only 18!" argument.

overpass is offline   Reply With Quote