View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 08:09 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
And yet he leads the team in scoring along with Shalunov. The guy had two or three players draped all over him playing the third game in four nights after a cross continental flight.

Zharkov did nothing. Did he even have a scoring chance? I know Yakupov did.
I think you're basing too much on his stats and not enough on his actual play.
He was pretty good in the first game but can you honestly say that he has been good the last 2 games?
I'm sure that the schedule and travel had something to do with it, his lack of chemistry of teammates, him being targeted by the opposition or even the coaching but the bottom line is that he has been a mess the last 2 games. It means nothing in regards to his NHL future but if you look at it through unbiased eyes, you can see that he's struggling out there.
In fairness to Yakupov, it seems that most players on both sides have been struggling outside of the MacKinnon-Huberdeau-Drouin combo in game 2.

I feel that Zharkov was more involved than Yakupov. He was engaging physically, showed excellent hustle and showed off some nice stickhandling skills. Nothing spectacular, just a nice, solid performance against the best of his peers.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote