View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 09:46 AM
CupofOil
Visualizing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
I don't know what you expect from the kid. Ever since the first game in the series he's basically been shadowed.

He's done a pretty good job of quickly dishing the puck off to his teammates but they have shown a general inability to handle a quick hard pass. That's not on him, it's on them. Last night it looked like he got frustrated with his teammates and decided to carry the puck through the entire OHL team himself. Of course that didn't work.

What I've seen in the series so far are CHL coaches game planning around not allowing Nail any room out there. The only reason they are able to get away with that is no one else on Nail's line has been able to take advantage of the open ice created for them. It doesn't help that Nail has become accustomed to a higher level of play from his teammates in the KHL.
I agree with some of that but Yakupov isn't exactly making it easy on his linemates either.
I just feel that Oiler fans are blaming others because Yakupov is an Oilers prospect.
When Yakupov struggled in the summer tournament, it was Grigorenko's fault. It's the coaches fault for not giving Yakupov enough ice time in the KHL etc.
Look, i love him as a player and feel that he will be a stud in the NHL but the amount of excuses for his subpar play in these tournaments is a little much IMO (I've been guilty of it as well at times).
I would say that it's a little bit of everything, his teammates, the team system, other teams keying on him and his own struggles but my point is that he should be called out when he's not playing well.
In any event, it's not really a big deal. I'm sure that he'll come out flying in the next game after some much needed rest.

CupofOil is online now   Reply With Quote