View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 08:48 AM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
So... Erkka Westerlund. Our "new" head coach.

Meh. Could have been worse, I guess. At least he's not some rookie who has to know his players first to be effective. The Liitto was in a pinch, given the timing of Jalonen's resignation, so this was pretty decent damage control, to be honest.

And from 2014 onwards? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and call already that it'll be Lauri Marjamäki time. Him becoming an assistant coach now has nothing random about it.
I like the signing. The new coaches first assignment is the Olympics. We need an experienced coach who already has the respect of our NHLers, we don't have time to wait for the players to gain their respect on some young coach no one has ever heard of. Plus Westerlund already has a terrific Olympic performance as a coach in his resume so I'm sure all the guys trust him. And also he doesn't play as much of a coaches game as Jalonen so it's easier for the players to adapt.

Besides I see this as a momentary thing only, I doubt he would've got the spot the olympics were to be held 3 years from now.

I agree with the Marjamäki part. He's awesome and I can see him as our future long term coach.