Thread: Prospect Info: Official Penguins Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 09:06 AM
bigd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Maatta was kind of a bonehead when I watched him play, but looked better in the playoffs. I just didn't like his skating and decision making. But I knew he was really young so I wasn't overly upset, just not thrilled with the pick.

This year, I'm really enjoying his game and his skating, while different than what I'm used to, is quite smooth. I'm pretty happy with the pick now.

Because of my beliefs in Tangradi and Shero making a move for a top six winger, I see no reason not to be stoked about this farm.

Both of us didn't think Despres was even close to NHL ready this time last season, with good reason. He had too many boneheaded plays, his positional game was poor, and even his offensive talents weren't shining.

Morrow, like I said in the Summer, played in a vastly different system with the Hawks. So I felt it could take a month or up to an entire year before he looked comfortable in his own end.

Guys like Fowler and Subban are still trainwrecks in their own end a majority of the time, but their other assets are why they excel in the NHL. I have little doubt Morrow could play sheltered minutes and have an impact on the big club.

You are right though, Dumoulin looks to be more steady, but keep in mind he played in a copycat system. This is all a moot point, because now with the addition of Dumoulin, Bort and Strait deserving their respective shots, the emergence of Despres, etc. it is going to be tough for Morrow to get any big club minutes, unless there is a big rash of injuries (rather not see that).
I really like Dumoulin. I think he will make Strait and Bortuzzo expendable in future. Maybe even Despres, he would probably bring the most in a trade.