View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 09:12 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Percy, Finn, and Leivo all acquitted themselves well last night.

Finn - Moves the puck quickly and efficiently, anticipates the play well.

Percy - Silky smooth and positionally sound.

Leivo - Looks like he has filled out, he will be an interesting prospect to watch. Reminds me a little like Matt Frattin.

Thought Slater Koekkoek was a little dissapointing, he wore the goat horns on the tying goal, and then Murphy was caught in a bad pinch that led to the winning goal. Spott had Slater on the ice in the last minute with Ceci, and Murphy. Not sure if Finn wouldn't have been the better choice. Anyway, Koekkoek was a name mentioned in the 2nd grouping of highly touted D men that included Finn and was the 10th pick overall, Finn was the 35th pick. Think we did well there.
Agree with your assesment. Koekkoek wasnt that bad, i think the one mistake overshadowed his entire game. He was very mobile on the PP and was the bright spot in that pairing. Murphy was and is terrible. All i will say here because my rant would go on for a too long.

As for the leaf prospects, Percy and DeMelo were fantastic. These two shut them down defensively the entire game. Percy is very interesting, manages to be a shut down guy without being overly physical, however by using possitional play. Kinda reminds me of Lidstroms defensive game (OBVIOUSLy not offensive). Finn seemed gassed as he played the night before. Had much better legs in last weeks friday night hockey on sportsnet. Now he was given ONE PP start and we generated more scoring opportunities here then on all of the other PP's combined. He made tape to tape crisp outlet passes, however did have a couple gafs.

Leivo probably impressed me the most TBH. His board work was great, has an incredible reach and pick pocketed the Russians all night. He managed to generate quite a few scoring chances and was obviously a big body that was very tough to knock off the puck. His hands impressed me, thought he was a brick layer but last night he proved me wrong. His skating still needs improvement, however hes good at anticipating a play and getting to where he needs to be. Sometimes got caught standing flat footed but was still part of the best line for team OHL last night.