View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 10:18 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I agree with some of that but Yakupov isn't exactly making it easy on his linemates either.
I just feel that Oiler fans are blaming others because Yakupov is an Oilers prospect.
When Yakupov struggled in the summer tournament, it was Grigorenko's fault. It's the coaches fault for not giving Yakupov enough ice time in the KHL etc.
Look, i love him as a player and feel that he will be a stud in the NHL but the amount of excuses for his subpar play in these tournaments is a little much IMO (I've been guilty of it as well at times).
I would say that it's a little bit of everything, his teammates, the team system, other teams keying on him and his own struggles but my point is that he should be called out when he's not playing well.
In any event, it's not really a big deal. I'm sure that he'll come out flying in the next game after some much needed rest.
There is definitely room for improvement in his performance, he acknowledged that last night, but the kind of pressure being exerted on him by Canadian coaches in these tournaments is extraordinary. No one else born after Sidney Crosby has had to deal with this kind of attention in high profile international games. You rarely see so much defensive attention paid to a single player at any level.

It's hard to be disappointed with his performance given the degree of difficulty he's facing.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote