View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Fans are so attached to Schneider here in Vancouver, I don't think it's possible to have a fair and unbias discussion about his value. I agree it's quite high and we have no reason to move him unless we get something that drastically improves our team.

The deal I'd like would be centered around Gardiner and Grabvoski, with more going back Toronto's way. I realize most TO fans would be hesitant to give up Gardiner in a 1-for-1 swap, so I wouldn't expect such a proposal to gain much traction. Ballard would have to go the other way in such a trade both as a cap dump and to make room for Gardiner on the left side. A young center in Schroeder would go back to Toronto to address their center depth, Schroeder should be ready to step into the NHL in some capacity this season. So we'd be looking at...

To Toronto
Schneider
Schroeder
Ballard

To Vancouver
Grabovski
Gardiner

This is what it would take for Vancouver to move Schneider, a deal that makes us better right away but is still a "hockey deal" that offers us a younger player that could grow with the team. Do I think Toronto should make this deal? Probably not, not if they can get Luongo for a lot less.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote