View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 09:54 AM
ORYX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
I was just using Trochek as an example. He was the first guy that came to mind on a bottom feeding team.

Ideally, for the same cost of a Trochek, we may be able to acquire that genuine #2 d-man to play beside Murphy and a good veteran winger for the 3rd line who could return next year as an OA (Last year, I was asking for Shoenmakers or Brace from Missy).
I understand. I too mentioned Trocheck not too long ago.

A player that I like the way he plays but am shy about is Graovac in Ottawa. Not sure if he'll keep his current torid pace, and you can bet the 67's will be looking to sell high.

Realistically the Rangers have 4 players who will/should return for an O/A year, Ming, Thomson, Fanelli, Palazzese. Also potentials (just by birth year alone) are Murphy, Reider, Puempel, Gibson).

The only player out of those 4 which I wouldnt wnt back is Ming (if I had to pick between them).

Any players brought in at this point, must either be younger then 93's or we have to be comfortable paying the price of a half season rental.

Im still holding out hope that AC will be returned, but I think that only happens if these current CBA negotiations falls flat on their face for the remainder of November. They'll have to find him ice time at that point, and whether they like it or not, he'd going to get it in Kitchener.

If he returns, then I'd be more willing to go for it (i dont think he comes back unless the NHL season is back) in the sense that I'd be willing to lose Gilbert and Bailey if it meant the likes of Hamilton and Strome/Ritchie made their way to town (or other top flight players)

Thomson - Strome - Reider
Puempel - Faksa - Ming
Pedersen - Sterk - Marcantuoni
Meighan - Alberga - Llewellyn
ex - Schmalz

Murphy - Hamilton
McEneny - Iafrate
Fanelli - Genovese