View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Tinalera

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Whatever one thinks about the ethics of the plan by Clark and Jamison to push this through, the reality is that it seems like the council vote will be nothing more than a "Pyrrhic victory". Alienating the incoming council and waving a red flag in front of a growing opposition invites ultimate failure. If Jamison and the NHL actually try to do it this way, then it suggests to me that they are not serious about keeping the Coyotes in Glendale for the long term. They have to try harder to come up with a plan that is likely to succeed in the long term.

It really doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do. I can imagine the legal stuff that might come up, also too, those players when not playing interact with the townspeople-if this got pushed through and the optics played out that it really was just for "a bunch of rich players", I could see some rather uncomfortable situations for the players in day to day being told by townspeople "our taxes are paying for your salary" (I did say OPTICS). Can imagine some players want to get out of town. Not to mention as others have suggested the people just staying away-to the point that their current attendance would seem sell outs every night-where people attend not even the thousands, but the hundreds.