Old
11-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
...What Branch is doing is not helping and preparing OHL players for the NHL. IF you're going to baby them that much... they're only going to get a big big surprise in the NHL ...
Yeah, but the flip side argument is that 90% or whatever it is of these guys aren't going to play in the NHL. They're teenage kids who shouldn't have to risk permanent damage playing a game. Etc, etc. Sometimes the suspensions do seem a bit heavyhanded to me, and sometimes I clearly don't see the same thing that Branch does on a given play, but I think he's coming at it with good intentions overall. I think it's better to err on the side of caution and protection where these kids are concerned. I'm not sure the message is really getting through to players, mind you, I'm not sure I see them playing much differently - just more/longer suspensions piling up - but that also doesn't mean it's not worth at least making the attempt.

A chacun son gout... end of the day Branch is clearly not taking his cue from any of us as fans and is just going to keep marching on with his agenda, so it's probably pointless by now to bemoan it too much, he's not wavering a bit. The games are still as enjoyable overall as ever IMHO.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote