View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 12:22 PM
MastuhNinks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
Quite the contrary. Huberdeau, Strome are better on offence, and the stats support that. Couturier, Scheifele are better all-around players, as well. Landeskog is a proven NHL star player now. Yakupov drops down in 2011 draft no doubt.
Huberdeau and Strome barely outscoring a player who is a year behind in development does not mean they are better offensively. I'm pretty sure Yakupov scored at a higher pace than all but Strome when you look at draft seasons. If you want to just look at junior scoring stats, are you saying Strome > Yakupov > Huberdeau > RNH >>> Landeskog? Landeskog is a proven star? I'm not sure I'd go that far, but even if he is it doesn't really mean anything because Yakupov hasn't played an NHL game yet. He is however, playing like a superstar in the best active hockey league in the World right now. Which is considerably more impressive than what Hamilton did in juniors after he was drafted. I don't know if Yakupov ran over your dog or something, but you're really undervaluing him here, he is absolutely a better prospect than Hamilton. If the two were in the same draft, I don't think there's a GM in the World that would draft Hamilton over Yakupov.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote