View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 01:00 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Strengths

Laughton may be the smartest, most competitive draft eligible player for the NHL Draft. He always brings a high complete level, and is the kind of player who is willing to do whatever it takes to win. He will block a shot, make a strong offensive play, back check or drop the gloves if it could equal team success. He is strong positionally in all three zones, and plays a very effective two-way play. He respects his duties at both ends of the rinks and doesn’t chase the puck around the ice. He has a very good shot that is effective from the slot. He shows strong vision with the puck in both the offensive and neutral zone, and is effective at making smart decisions with the puck. He reads the ice well and makes crisp tape-to-tape passes. He is a very smart hockey player who seems to know what to do at all times. He anticipates well and can see a play two to three plays in advance.

Weakness

There isn’t a lot not to like about Scott Laughton. He has everything you look for in a centre at the next level. One thing that concerns me about his game is his long-term offensive upside. He has shown some good growth offensively in the past year, however I’m not sure how much better he will get with the puck. He is not an overly dynamic or skilled forward, and relies on his vision and intelligence to make plays at the next level. That intelligence will be an asset moving forward for him, but I’m not sure how much growth he has left. He has some other area to grow, he could improve his first few strides as well as his upper body strength, but I have no fears that those aspects of his game should continue to develop.
http://theprospectblog.com/2012/04/2...cott-laughton/
Meh, can't find it so Ill eat crow and say I was wrong. I dont make **** up, so I know I read it somewhere, but I guess I was wrong.

Seems like his offensive play is the spot that needs work on though and will limit him to where he plays in the future.