Thread: Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13
View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
I see Trouba as a combination of phaneuf and weber:

Phaneuf: his burning desire to make open-ice hits, but unlike dion, he doesn't put himself out of the play or position, running around to make a open-ice hit;

Weber: for his physical play down low in defensive zone, very similar;

So he's physical guy, that can skate and play physical in the defensive zone. The adam foote comparisons seems to be based on that, but Trouba looks to be more offensive than foote. That's also a bit Pronger-like

Offensively is where its hard to project with him. His shot may be Weber or Phaneuf like, but I don't think he'll be a 15-20 g guy. He might, but that's a bit of a stretch. If he develops into a weber-lite defensively and adds some punch offensively (10+g), that's a terrific pick.

I'm sure that's what the Wild hope Dumba turns into, but he's under-sized to play that game, imo. Trouba could be 6'5+ when he's done growing, with a natural mean streak. That's Chara like too.

I think being the 7th dman picked will have lots of teams wondering what if we took him:

Murray - solid all around dman, not overly physical. Nice pick though.

Reinhart - offensive, lots of size, not physical. Could be reincarnation of Dave Babych as a dman.

Reilly - one-way, offensive dman.

Lindholm - smart, size, finishes checks, but not Trouba mean but soild d prospect.

Dumba - offensive guy who tries to play very physical. At his size, that will likely be a problem in NHL. Trouba is a safer bet to get there.

Pouliot - Looks very much like Brian Campbell. Very much. Not a fan.

Trouba and Linholm, have the potential to be the best all-around dmen (size, physical, offensive, etc) in the draft. Love the pick. .