View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 01:45 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Redbull, that's just not good thinking. A memo goes to the players. That is, ALL the players. And their agents. You think it's hard to get one player or agent to forward it to tsn?

It would involve an incredible conspiracy, in fact, to keep any communication between Fehr and ALL the player ever stay secret.

Fehr has to assume that any communications between him and ALL of the players (as opposed some small committee) is practically public information. Of course it is intended for public consumption. There's no other way to communicate with the players.

All you're hitting upon is another structural advantage the owners have in negotiations. They, being a small club, can have secrecy. The players, being a large club attached to another club (the agents) can't have secrecy.

But, no, that's silly. There. Has. To. Be. Something. More. Sinister. Grr.

Cheers,

Dan-o
I don't doubt that things have been "leaked" to tsn (and others) by the players in the past. But I also don't think it's a coincidence that as these "secret meetings" have started, the twitterverse has been uncharacteristically quiet. I also don't recall seeing any FULL message appearing on TSN, instead of maybe the odd comment or excerpt.

I don't think this qualifies as conspiracy at all, merely a strategic leak to the media.

I think there's a great deal of secrecy among the players. Even the vague, seemingly calculated comments by Alfredsson, Phillips, about the negotiations recently.

I just don't like this full message appearing on TSN, especially it being centred around how far apart they are and how much the players are still being asked to concede. Seems far too strategic when you consider all those factors.

Definitely a structural disadvantage on the players' side but even the owners had their Devellano incident.

Regardless, I still hope something gets done.

AND with this cast of former Isles, can we be more optimistic?

Present today were Chris Campoli, Mathieu Darche, Ron Hainsey, Johan Hedberg, Manny Malhotra, and Kevin Westgarth (David Backes was present for part of the day), as well as Mathieu Schneider, Joe Reekie, Steve Webb and Rob Zamuner.

Last edited by redbull: 11-09-2012 at 02:03 PM.