View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
rj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... as rt states above, most fled long ago to the friendlier skys' of their own team page, and cant say that I blame them. Far as I know, two infrequent posters are residents of Glendale, a couple more who are regulars are former residents. Its a difficult situation. The fans are from all over the place, the majority of at least hf members from Scottsdale and environs. They dont really have a voice in whatever the COG does try-on, cant show their support or not at the polls. If ever there was a case for Amalgamation, surely this is it, the potential loss of a sports team affecting the entire region, east and west, the City of Phoenix itself.
I argue instead they suffer none of the ramifications and consequences of the decisions of the city for them to enjoy their entertainment. Glendale could make a deal to keep the team, the city could go to hellinahandbasket due to municipal bankruptcy, and people living in Scottsdale suffer zero from said situation. They're like the people arguing for something to exist and they don't have any risk if it goes belly up.