View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
Lol. Understand that line of thinking?. It really isn't that complex really. Just because one avoids the shovelling aspect of winter doesn't mean he doesn't mind the exercise. And it's really funny you mentioned excercise and my buddy for he's a professional bodybuilder/N fitness trainer. I don't think excersise is a problem with him. Frankly, I'm sure his chances of avoiding certain injuries while doing it the old fashioned way greatly decreases. Good for him to be honest. I highly doubt he bought that snowblower because its another way to avoid physical activity. That dude lives and breathes fitness.

Hell for me, I'd rather spar a few rounds in the ring than get my exercise shovelling snow. But hey to each their own. With crazy snowfalls such as the one Wednesday, I'll gladly use a snowblower on that 10/10 times and I'm not a lazy individual by any means. In fact, I used my shovelling experience on weds as my workout for the day as I was scheduled to have a training session that day anyways. Haven't had this kind of back soreness, post workout aches, in months. But like I said, I'd rather do deadlifts than shovel snow every single time.
Seriously snow shovelling does none of that for me. Probably because I'm used to doing my walks/driveway and the neighbors everytime it snows. Its like any workout, if you're relatively not used to it, its going to hit you harder. That happens a bit to me everytime the gym gets new equipment. Everything exercizes muscles differently and its nothing but beneficial to get exercise in as many forms as possible.

If you have back soreness from shovelling a little snow frankly you don't shovel snow right or your core ab and back strength is the ***** With a proper shovel and form you're hardly even using back.

Maybe they should have shovelling classes at the gym for proper form.

Now if you're talking something like roofing man that **** gets old. Mind you I did my garage and house roof myself with a hammer, not even a nail gun. But I did get tired and my back hurt. But thats doing it over 12hrs/day.

ftr I've been training for 30yrs.

Anyway peace out, I'm just having some fun here. Don't take it the wrong way.

ps had to get this in. How could any hockey fan NOT like shoveling snow. BAck in the old school day Shoveling a rink or local pond out by yourselves was how you got to play a good game of hockey.

Shoveling, clear ice, = hockey. Nothing more canadian.

Last edited by Replacement: 11-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote