View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Puckclektr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
Having been born and raised in Toronto I have come to that conclusion as well. It's not to say that we don't have a hardcore hockey community, but we have many, *many* people who absolutely love the Maple Leafs but don't seem to care about hockey outside of that one team.
I disagree to a point. I wouldn't say that it is a Leaf town. It is an NHL town. There are a high number of non Leaf fans who support a variety of other NHL teams. But there are many many Leaf fans who don't care about other hockey at all. But they are not true Leaf fans. They normally have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to Leafs and normally are not diehard until the playoffs.

Brampton was a horrible location. For anyone in York Region to go to the game you had to pay a ridiculous amount for the 407 with NO exit at the arena, or battle highway 7 in rushhour. Anywhere south of that is Mississauga and would support their own OHL team. Rexdale area was accessable but not really a hockey market. Southern Etobicoke was closer to Mississauga. Who wants to battle traffic leaving the city to go to an OHL game, when you can stay at home and watch NHL from the comfort of your own home. IT was a pain in the ass for me to get there. Eventhough they had $10 Thursday night tickets, it still wasn't worth it for me to sit in traffic.
Brampton demographics are not like other Canadian cities. It is a high percentage of non-hockey races. Races that don't care about hockey and if they do, it is the Leafs cuz it is a pro sports team. Lets be real. We aren't going to get Parjinder and his family to go to an OHL game.

Not to mention the proximity to the Hershey centre in Mississauga. AS per google maps they are 8 minute drive apart.

Last edited by Puckclektr: 11-09-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote