View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 03:51 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Ya I still think Slater can be a solid-to-above-average 4th liner and that he wasn't the weak link.
The evidence still points to me that way... ya he shouldn't of been playing a RelQoC of 0.900 and he's not a strong guy for a 28.5% OZS.

His play in international tournaments and his ability to have decent 5v5 p/60 with such hard minutes makes me think that he was being pulled down by being with Glass and Thorburn and either one of them would of been worse if they had been used as similarly and consistent.

I hope that the new third line takes the bulk of the former GST weight but the 4th line still takes some of the easier defensive minutes (like 3rd/4th liners in our defensive zone). THat way we can push some more OZS to Kane/Joki/??? and Ladd/Little/??? line while not crushing the third line.
Nothing against slater. I like him at 5 on 5, especially if you give him quality linemates. He has proven he can score at a 3rd line rate. If you give him a couple wingers with offensive ability (Antro / Poni) I believe he could be an OK #3C.

I just don't see him as a "shutdown" defensive player and he has never shown the ability to dominate on PK. You put him in there for lack of better options.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote