View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
I am not sure how many players they will be able to bring up for camp, but the following players are likely to get somewhat of a look:
Forwards: Mika Zibanejad, Jakob Silfverberg, Mark Stone, Mike Hoffman, David Dziurzynski and Stefan Noesen

Defensemen: Patrick Weircioch, Andre Benoit, Mark Boroweicki, Eric Gryba and Cody Ceci

I find it a bit surprising that many posters still feel that Silfverberg is the front runner to earn a roster spot. Having watched all the preseason games, 7 full regular season games and parts of the other three regular season games, I don't feel he is ready to make the jump. Now Silfveberg hasn't played poorly, he just hasn't had much of an offensive impact. I think anyone penciling him on the first line hasn't watched many games this season.

I haven't seen Ceci or Noesen play this season so I can't assess their chances of making it. Although I feel that it is likely that they will either remain with or be returned to their respective junior teams.

Zibanejad has played well, but he has been a bit snake bitten offensively. There is a chance that he cracks the sens roster, but I think that the sens management will want to be patient with him. As a 6th overall pick, they will want to identify the best opportunity for Zibanejad to realize his offensive potential. I think that it is probable that he will remain in Bingo, that is unless playing in the NHL somehow ignites his offensive flair.

Stone was playing great before going down with an injury and there seems to be a bit of a void in Bingo since then. His ability to be an offensive catalyst as well as his overall hockey IQ and positioning will give him a good shot to push for a roster spot.

Up front that just leaves Hoffman and Dziurzynski. Hoffman has played great and should definitely get a look in camp. Dziursynki has also played very well this far and deserves a solid look. They will likely both take spots on the team if by chance injuries have forced some openings in the bottom six. Regardless of whther they crack the roster out of camp, I think that they will both force there way onto the roster at some point this season (if there is a season) and make some of the current bottom sixers (Regin, Condra, Daugavins) expendable.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote