View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
Hitman Contracts - 7.5/10

Good engine and I liked some of the improvements (namely the syringe for quicker knockouts and the double sneak speed). However, the second half of the game minus the last mission was all remakes from the original game. The story was confusing and it felt like it was all just quickly thrown in together after making some minor, albeit good, tweaks to the engine, they seemed to have gotten lazy. I can't rate any "sequel" to any series that cut/pastes half the missions from a previous version a good rating. Although, if you played just this one and skipped the original, you'd probably be much happier with it.

It also seemed a lot easier. The first half was really fun and I liked some of the missions since they felt like there was more to do in each one that didn't include waiting and studying patrol paths. However, I find it hard to believe that I magically became much better since the 2nd. The first two I could only get the silent assassin rating about 10% of the time. In Contracts, I was getting it about 80% of the time...

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote