View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 04:33 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckclektr View Post
You need to look at a map. your comparisons are way off when comparing Toronto/Mississauga to Boston New York.
Corporate aside, i am going to say more than half of the attendance of at a Leaf game is from outside of the city of Toronto. More people live outside the city than in the city. Not to mention, that now over 50% of the city population of Toronto2.6 million are visible minority and are not necessarily hockey fans.

AS for four teams in the CHL that exist in NHL markets, you are wrong again.
I can name off lots. hmm. Brampton, Oshawa, Mississauga, Guelph, Plymouth, Windsor, Niagara, Broisband, Hull. Not to mention some just onthe outskirts like Barrie, Kitchener, Sarnia etc.

Of those four teams. They have CFL(can't remember if Ottawa does or not anymore), the Canucks have Abbotsford Heat and if toronto is within driving distance of another NHL team then so is Ottawa.
The comparison wasn't meant to be an accurate one. It was meant to show that two are not the same. At all. A person who lives in Mississauga doesn't live in Toronto. It's as simple as that.

And I said cities, not markets. Big difference. And you sort of reinforce my point. Guelph, Oshawa, Missussauga, Brampton, Oshawa, Sarnia, Barrie, Kitchener are all within driving distance. Do other cities have NBA or MLB teams? Nope. Do other cities have cities as close as Buffalo with NHL teams? Nope.

Toronto is the biggest market in Canada for hockey and pro sports franchises. One team leaving because its struggling to get attendance does not make the city a non-hockey market. That's stupid logic. Try again.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote