View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Puckclektr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
The comparison wasn't meant to be an accurate one. It was meant to show that two are not the same. At all. A person who lives in Mississauga doesn't live in Toronto. It's as simple as that.

And I said cities, not markets. Big difference. And you sort of reinforce my point. Guelph, Oshawa, Missussauga, Brampton, Oshawa, Sarnia, Barrie, Kitchener are all within driving distance. Do other cities have NBA or MLB teams? Nope. Do other cities have cities as close as Buffalo with NHL teams? Nope.

Toronto is the biggest market in Canada for hockey and pro sports franchises. One team leaving because its struggling to get attendance does not make the city a non-hockey market. That's stupid logic. Try again.
The comparison was hyperbole at it;s best then. How do you compare Mississauga Toronto to NY Boston. Way off. Didn't make any sense at all. But you are right a person that lives in Mississauga does not live in the city of Toronto, but lives in the GTA which is the market. Mississauga is banking off of the city of Toronto for attendance figures. The same way Brampton would bank of York Region as well as South Simcoe, Caledon and Dufferin counties as well.

Toronto isn't really much closer to Buffalo as Ottawa is to Montreal.
I am not arguing Toronto being the biggest market.
But you did say on your post. that There are four teams in the entire CHL that exist in NHL markets.

Vancouver Giants, Calgary Hitman, Edmonton Oil Kings and the Ottawa 67's.
And I mentioned that there are more than four CHL teams in NHL markets. Those being Oshawa, Brampton, Miss, Niagara, Broisbond, Windsor, Plymouth, Guelph and just outside NHl markets in Sarnia, Barrie and Kitchener.
When a team is marketing a product, they don't look at the city, they look at the market. Is Glendale marketing to Glendale or Phoenix area.
Im on your side. I beleive Toronto is a hockey town, but MLB doesn't compete with hockey. Maybe overlapping, but baseball is still onthe backburner. There is a reason Toronto/Hamilton has all this. Population which no other region in Canada comes close to. So it all works out.

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote