View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Hendry and Smaby are playing to the level of the league that they're in. Guenin is still playing like a guy that would be sitting in the press box, like he was for most of last season. Right now, the only guy - with NHL experience - that is playing like someone that deserves a look this year is Ryan Parent, who is on an AHL try out contract.

As for the other points you've made, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that I mean he needs to play around 5 to 10 games. The reality is that I'm thinking more along the lines of the look we gave to Clark last year.

People seem to be forgetting that Lindholm didn't come to the US to play in the AHL.
And Nate Thompson is producing like your average player in the ECHL and Matt Duchene isn't any better than Jason Krog in the SEL right now. In the end, it's what they do in the NHL that matters, obviously, and so far Guenin/Smaby/Hendry have all proved they can handle sheltered minutes in case of injuries, just making the easy play (boards out) in the defensive zone. In the AHL they are asked to do more than that.

Anyways, I still agree with you. I'm not opposed at all to see Lindholm getting a couple of games with the Ducks, especially if it's late in the season if the Ducks are out of the playoff picture and Lindholm bascially has a full year in the AHL in his backpack. I just don't want to see him becoming a player that goes up and down several times during the season.