View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 06:09 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Fair enough, but in all honesty I would certainly trade Schneider if the deal made us considerably better today. Hence, an overpayment like the one mentioned above. Of the initial deals proposed, I may take Lupul, Kadri, and the conditional 1st. We're looking to compete now, and if Lupul can be a PPG player on Kesler's wing we'd be sitting pretty. We could afford to add another 6mil player to our roster as well if he continues that output, I feel we have some wiggle room.
I do think the Lupul, Kadri and conditional 1st deal makes the most sense for both sides. The Nucks get a guy who could really help them in the present (Lupul), as well as a solid prospect to make up for the difference in value. Other than playing with Kessel, Lupul was at his best playing on Jeff Carter's wing with Philly, and Carter is a somewhat similar centre to Kesler (big, fast, 2-way game, great shot, more of a shoot first than pass first guy). I think a line with Lupul and Kesler could be one of the absolute best 2nd lines in the league, and could be a big step towards returning the Nucks to their dominant offensive form from 2010/11.

I wonder if this trade could be worked as a 3-way, with Kadri going to a 3rd team for a solid 3rd line centre to the Nucks? For example, something like Kadri for Frans Nielsen?
- Isles: Kadri in; Nielsen out
- Leafs: Schneider in; Lupul, Kadri and conditional 2014 1st (if Lupul doesn't re-sign) out
- Nucks: Lupul, Nielsen and cond. 1st in; Schneider out

This would be an absolute killer lineup for the Nucks:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Lupul
Higgins - Nielsen - Hansen
Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian

Bieksa - Hamhuis
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev

Luongo
Lack

Looks considerably better (on paper) than the team that went to game 7 of the finals with the Bruins. They could return to being an offensive powerhouse that never lets up and scores like crazy with every line, as opposed to last year when they were relying a bit too much on the Sedin line.

Last edited by ponder: 11-09-2012 at 06:18 PM.
ponder is offline   Reply With Quote