Thread: Proposal: First round Pick 2013
View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 08:07 PM
sharks9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
As soon as I saw "for Columbus" - and thus the implied "your team sucks so he'd do this for you" - I stopped reading. We have a metric ****ton of guys who could fill that role as well as or better than Lars Eller, and it ain't worth giving up a top-10 pick.

We don't want "a second liner for a loser team". We are only interested in "a second liner for a quality NHL team."

Seriously, is there anything more disrespectful to say on these boards? "Well, on any other team, he'd be a third-liner, but on YOUR sorry haphazard bunch of losing losers he'd be a second liner so you should pay us more." What the hell kind of argument is that supposed to be?
I wasn't trying to be insulting, but right now on the Habs we already have Desharnais and Plekanec to be our top-2 centres and with Galchenyuk coming Eller might not ever get the chance to be a top-2 centre on our team.

For what it's worth, I definitely think Eller can be a second liner for a quality team, he just needs to be somewhere where he can get that chance like on Columbus.

Last edited by sharks9: 11-09-2012 at 09:37 PM.
sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote