View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 07:23 PM
leaponover

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
If he was a 21 year old trying to break into the NHL, and was struggling in the AHL, relegated to the ECHL, then struggled there, I would still think there is little hope of him making the NHL.

Add many years of countless surgeries and an inability to recover, stay remotely healthy, compete at an ECHL level, or even make the team - that's worse than statistically not measurable.

You know what else ant measurable? Retirement,

I've been the biggest DP supoorters on this board and feel like he should be given every chance to get back healthy. But now we have a player who looks like he simply can't play anymore.

If you can't see that, you aren't looking.
I've acknowledged poor performance but once again if you are going to look at 1 game in a German league (even though I thought he had played 2) and decide he can't compete then I will just stop having this conversation. I have admitted that DP was not an NHL quality goaltender in the few games he was healthy last season. He was quite poor. However I have the common sense to not decide his quality at this level based on 1 ECHL game. You will not convince me otherwise so you probably shouldn't try.