View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 08:22 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain richie18 View Post
From what im reading he reminds me of braydon coburn but not as great of a skater. No knock on Reinhart though because Coburn is one of the beat skating defensemen in the NHL.

I live on long island an hoping this kid turns into a stud for the isles, even though im a flyers fan haha
I think Coburn is a fairly decent comparison. Big dman, responsible defensively, not a truly dynamic offensive player, but well rounded, can pass, shoot and move the puck. Jason Garrison isn't a bad one either, though a bit more of a puck mover with a bit less of a bomb from the point. I can see Alex Edler as somewhat of a maximum upside projection, but he'd need to get a lot more confident and aggressive offensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
So for those who get to watch Reinhart regularly, how NHL ready is he right now?
I tend to think that the CHL is a great place to develop your offensive game, because top prospects will get a lot of offensive responsibility, and can try out new moves more easily in the CHL than the NHL. The NHL seems like a better place for prospects to develop their 2-way game, and to remove bad habits. Reinhart is already pretty solid in terms of safe, 2-way play, but to maximize his potential it'd be nice to see him be more aggressive and confident offensively. I have to think the CHL is the best place for him to develop in that regard. He might be "ready" to be a #6 dman for the Isles, but that's probably not the best way to help him reach his potential.

Last edited by ponder: 11-09-2012 at 08:27 PM.
ponder is offline   Reply With Quote