View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Edbleafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I think a lot of people were somewhat disappointed when the Leafs picked Biggs because guys like Jenner and Saad were still available.

You could be the best OHL player and put up a lot of points and never see the surface of an NHL arena, transferrable skills matter more than points in the OHL as far picks after the top 10 go. Biggs was rated one of the toughest players of the draft, one of the safest players of the draft and his shot blocking, standing up for teammates, and PK skills were highlighted.

Not every pick has to turn out to be a top 6 player. Biggs has top six potential but if he can be an effective third liner, I'd be very excited because he's the complete package. Stability on each line is much more important than having a team filled with top six talent.

There are a few teams out there in the league have #1C's, good wingers, bad 3rd and 4th lines, and decent D and goaltending and fail to make the playoffs. Carolina, Anaheim, Dallas, Tampa are a few that come to mind.
i agree with you
we draft Biggs as a banger and bruiser hardest player to play against if score lots of point is bonus
toughness is what we need in this player