View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Puckclektr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Among those cities only Windsor, Mississauga and Niagra compete with NHL teams.

Windsor is just across the river from Detroit and I'm sure a lot of Red Wings fans live there.

Niagara would compete with Buffalo and Sabres fans.

Mississauga is obviously in the Toronto market against the Maple Leafs.

Besides that I wouldn't say Guelph, Plymouth, Oshawa, Brampton, Kitchener, Sarnia, Barrie and even London are not on the outskirts of competing with the Maple Leafs and the Toronto market. Those cities are between 1 - 4 hours away depending on where you are going.
you say Mississauga is obviously in the Toronto market but Brampton is not. The arena is 6km away. 8-10 minute drive ip the same highway. If coming from Toronto on the 401 they are pretty much the same distance. Many people from Guelph Oshawa and Barrie and even Kitchener attend leaf games on a regular basis and are therefore in the Toronto market when it comes to NHL.If you say they are not you are crazy and obviously know nothing about marketing. Plymouth a Detroit suburb and sarnia as well for Detroit. Even Hull for Ottawa.

I live just south of Barrie in simcoe county and work with and have many friends from barrie and area and I can tell you 9 out of ten of those hockey fans in Barrie will choose colts tickets over leaf tickets. So they are defiantly in Toronto market. Lol

Puckclektr is online now   Reply With Quote