View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 10:30 PM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckclektr View Post
you say Mississauga is obviously in the Toronto market but Brampton is not. The arena is 6km away. 8-10 minute drive ip the same highway. If coming from Toronto on the 401 they are pretty much the same distance. Many people from Guelph Oshawa and Barrie and even Kitchener attend leaf games on a regular basis and are therefore in the Toronto market when it comes to NHL.If you say they are not you are crazy and obviously know nothing about marketing. Plymouth a Detroit suburb and sarnia as well for Detroit. Even Hull for Ottawa.

I live just south of Barrie in simcoe county and work with and have many friends from barrie and area and I can tell you 9 out of ten of those hockey fans in Barrie will choose colts tickets over leaf tickets. So they are defiantly in Toronto market. Lol
Every August and December when I drive to Orlando, Florida for vacation I take the 407 & 401 to Windsor. Along the way I pass through cities such as Guelph, Kitchener and London. I can say without a doubt they are not in the Toronto area or considered to be in the GTA.

It's great that fans from those cities drive to Toronto for Leafs games. However just because fans from those cities come up for Leafs games if they get tickets, it doesn't make them a Toronto market.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote