View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Puckclektr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Every August and December when I drive to Orlando, Florida for vacation I take the 407 & 401 to Windsor. Along the way I pass through cities such as Guelph, Kitchener and London. I can say without a doubt they are not in the Toronto area or considered to be in the GTA.

It's great that fans from those cities drive to Toronto for Leafs games. However just because fans from those cities come up for Leafs games if they get tickets, it doesn't make them a Toronto market.
They are not considerd the GTA you are right. But Guelph is just on the outskirts. It depends on what that market is for. If it is NHL then they are definitely in the Toronto market. London is questionable as it is in the middle if Detroit and Toronto. But the ohl and NHL are different markets. Just because you live in Oshawa or Guelph doesn't mean you are outside of the Toronto NHL market. Toronto's NHL market is the golden horsehoe and shares part of it(Niagara) with the buffalo market. The market isn't just the GTA. If you think they are not in the Toronto NHL market, then what
Market are they in.

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote