Thread: Proposal: Ott - L.A
View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
In that post you mentioned one little bit about having a lot invested in him - most of the post was rambling about positions. Well, they play the same position, so discussion on that topic is quite irrelevant in this scenario.

The reason you swap him in this case is for a better prospect. Which Stone clearly is.

You have 2 of Brown/Williams/Carter as top 2 RWs. You really want/need/expect an upgrade?
Uh no, in that post, I said that we have no interest in messing with our wings whatsoever, depth included, unless there was an upgrade available at the NHL level, and no we have no expectation of upgrading at the position right now, this topic wasn't brought up by Kings fans, but Ottawa fans that like Prince and the 67's.

I am not going to argue over prospect values and crystal balls, especially when there is a notion that Stone is better than Zibanejad and everyone else on the Ottawa depth chart. That's clearly a hornet's nest that nobody rational would walk into.

The only thing I am saying is that Lombardi wouldn't part with Toffoli unless there was an improvement to be made on the NHL roster today. He has done everything asked of him and more, he hasn't performed poorly in any way, shape, or form, and that means something to the Kings. That's it.

It's a deal that doesn't work or interest either team. There should be no offense had by either party.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote