View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 09:43 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckclektr View Post
They are not considerd the GTA you are right. But Guelph is just on the outskirts. It depends on what that market is for. If it is NHL then they are definitely in the Toronto market. London is questionable as it is in the middle if Detroit and Toronto. But the ohl and NHL are different markets. Just because you live in Oshawa or Guelph doesn't mean you are outside of the Toronto NHL market. Toronto's NHL market is the golden horsehoe and shares part of it(Niagara) with the buffalo market. The market isn't just the GTA. If you think they are not in the Toronto NHL market, then what
Market are they in.
Speaking in terms of distance you are correct that Guelph would be considered a Toronto market since the Maple Leafs are the closest NHL team to their city. I would also say the same is true about Oshawa.

As for London my guess is maybe 50% of people there are Maple Leafs fans and maybe the other 50% are Red Wings fans. Although I would lean towards the Maple Leafs since a lot of people wear their jerseys when Toronto has played Philadelphia there during the preseason. Then again I'm not sure how many people went to the Red Wings/Flyers preseason game there last year and had on Red Wings jerseys.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote